Ransomware has been around since the dawn of the internet, but the number of attacks has surged in the last few years. According to Sophos’ State of Cybersecurity 2023 report, 35% of respondents said ransomware is a top concern, and the average cost to a small or mid-sized organization to remediate a ransomware attack is $1.4 million. Even giant companies like Dole and Colonial Pipeline have fallen prey. These types of attacks are easier and less expensive to pull of than ever, and they can result in a high rate of return for threat actors. So how can you protect your organization from a ransomware strike? This eBook includes stories on how a ransomware attack hit food giant Dole, how Conti ransomware impacts operational technology and why ransomware groups look to cause maximum disruption.
- WannaCry ransomware takes Renault-Nissan plants offline
- A ransomware attack on food giant Dole temporarily halts North American production
- How Conti ransomware took down operational technology
- The future of cybersecurity: Ransomware groups aim for maximum disruption
- And so much more in this 39-page eBook!
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this article? You should consider contributing content to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.