The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) assesses that the United States and European nations may experience disruptive and defacement attacks against websites in an attempt to sow chaos and societal discord on Feb. 24, 2023, the anniversary of Russia’s 2022 invasion of Ukraine. CISA urges organizations and individuals to increase their cyber vigilance in response to this potential threat.
In response to the heightened geopolitical tensions resulting from Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine, CISA maintains public cybersecurity resources, including Shields Up — a one-stop webpage that provides resources to increase organizational vigilance and keep the public informed about current cybersecurity threats. CISA recommends that all organizations review and consider implementing the below guidance:
- DDoS Attack Guidance for Organizations and Federal Agencies
- Shields Up webpage, which includes guidance on:
- Increasing organizational vigilance
- Implementing cybersecurity best practices
- Increasing resilience and preparing for rapid response
- Lowering the threshold for threat and information sharing
Original content can be found at CISA.
Do you have experience and expertise with the topics mentioned in this article? You should consider contributing content to our CFE Media editorial team and getting the recognition you and your company deserve. Click here to start this process.