Smart factories have become an indispensable part of modern-day manufacturing, increasing efficiency and collaboration. The foundation for a smart manufacturing is the implementation of networked plants and devices that can continuously collect data for evidence-based decision-making. According to a Deloitte study, companies with smart factory initiatives report on average 10–12% gains in areas such as manufacturing output, factory utilization and labor productivity.
But an increase in factory networking also leads to an increase in vulnerabilities, which is why security is a big concern for companies implementing advanced digital technologies. Cyberattacks on manufacturing can lead to costly downtime, deny companies access to data and even cause physical damage to critical infrastructure. So how can you protect your smart factory from hacking, malware and other threats? This eBook includes stories on the impact of smart manufacturing, how hackers are exploiting the interconnected nature of smart factories and the acceleration of smart manufacturing.
- OT and IoT cybersecurity: A marriage of digital factories and cybersecurity
- Smart manufacturing’s impact: Is it moving fast enough?
- Throwback Attack: Smart buildings, smarter hackers
- Accelerating the adoption of smart manufacturing in the U.S.
- And so much more in this 44-page eBook!