In the early 1900s, philosopher George Santayana coined the immortal phrase, “Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” The same maxim holds true in industrial cybersecurity. Every piece of malware, phishing attempt or distributed denial of service attack started somewhere. One way to improve your cybersecurity posture is to learn from past attacks. What did the attackers exploit, what was the ensuing damage and what did we learn from the incident? This eBook, full of our popular Throwback Attacks, includes stories on how NotPetya impacted shipping giant Maersk, how hackers exploited the holidays to strike a Saudi oil company and what happened in the Marconi wireless hack of 1903.
- How NotPetya accidentally took down global shipping giant Maersk
- SNAKE ransomware hits Honda plants
- Hackers take advantage of the holidays to hit oil giant Saudi Aramco
- The Marconi wireless hack of 1903
- And so much more in this 23-page eBook!